Yes, we are purposeful and touchy-feely all about the love. Isn’t it time more companies operated this way?
Vibrantly is a #worldpositive startup. We are techies, artists and changemakers who love food, people, animals and the planet. We create from a place of love, the most powerful force on the planet, to help advance the higher good of all.
The vision of Vibrantly is to help rewrite the food system OS (operating system) by growing the Good Food economy.
We envision a food system that is whole-serving. I used to think that our food system was broken when in actuality, it’s not broken, it just has an operating system that has become outdated. The current OS is self-serving designed to drive shareholder return on investment unfortunately too much at the expense of people, animals, and the planet leading us to a moment of truth.
Millions of us are in pain from chronic illness crying louder and louder for mercy. Mother Earth has had to bear the brunt of prolonged exploitation of her resources and she is weakening asking for grace. The animal kingdom has been under assault far too long, and is howling for compassion.
Everything and everyone is connected. What impacts one affects the whole.
Instead of focusing on the doom, this is a call for us to no longer accept these standards and demand better. As Albert Einstein said, “No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.” In that context, we cannot change the food system using the same OS. We have to create a new operating system.
You and I have been given an invitation to elevate, and create a food system based in a consciousness for the higher good of the whole. We create through purposeful, whole-focused activity.
Vibrantly’s part in helping rewrite the food system OS is to build tools that give consumers more power to support and buy from Good Food brands and businesses that operate in alignment with their values like locally sourced, sustainably farmed, humanely raised, GMO-free, Fair Food Program and B-Corp Certified. The more consumer dollars that flow into the Good Food economy, the more the food movement gains momentum.
What is Good Food?
Good Food is a trifecta of: Food that tastes good, is good for you, and is made and sold by companies that do good – are socially responsible, give back to their communities, and pay fair wages.
It’s time to pioneer a new story for our food system. Here is a glimpse of what we imagine in the new OS:
- An emphasis on stakeholder return on investment benefiting the whole system – whole-serving
- More fresh, whole, organic foods are affordable and accessible to everyone
- A re-imagination of industrial farming of animals eliminating inhumane practices or eliminating the need for animals at all in future food products
- Minimal food waste
- Full transparency on where food comes from, what’s in it, and how it is grown, made, and sold
- A Farmacy in every hospital where food is thy medicine as Hippocrates imagined
- Patents and technology shared openly and royalty-free like open source seeds and what Tesla and Toyota are doing in the auto industry to help advance transportation innovation
What would you like to see? I open the call to you as well to imagine what a new food system OS would do because it’s going to take all of us.
Yes. This is asking A LOT! But, it’s not impossible. The emergence of a new food system OS is already underway, and here are some examples:
- Chipotle was the first fast food chain to label GMOs for transparency and made a commitment to go as GMO-free as possible. Their stock in the last month of 2014 hovered around $650 per share. CMG was higher than Google’s at $510. Shake Shack, the sustainable ingredients, humanely-raised beef burger and shakes chain has filed for a $100 million IPO.
- Wholesome Wave is running a Farmacy program in four New York City hospitals where doctors are prescribing produce versus pills.
- The Agriculture and Health and Human Services Departments which create guidelines used for “My Plate” healthy eating is considering adding in environmental impact asking people to eat more plant-based.
- Plant-based food manufacturers, Hampton Creek Foods, re-imagining the egg, and Beyond Meat, re-imagining meat, have both received funding from top Silicon Valley venture capital firms and two of the wealthiest people on the planet – Bill Gates and Li Ka-Shing.
- In 2014, the Open Source Seed Initiative launched.
We can make this change happen.
You and I have the right to a well life: to eat well, feel well, and live well. We have the power through our purchases and voice to demand better standards from our food system, and make the world a better place.
We have the ability to create good by eating good.